TUTOR FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE
"Start Where you are. Share what you have. Do what you can"
We are looking for motivated tutors who can help our youth excel in their academics by providing quality homework support. We are currently looking for volunteers who are invested in building our community capital by empowering our youth with strong academic skills and role-modeling.
Our volunteers are passionate about supporting our youth in building capacity for academic excellence and creating positive relationships with them. A love for working with youth is a must.
Trainings and coaching will be provided to selected volunteers, with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Ideal tutors will embody the following qualities:
1. Have a passion for working with youth
2. Be in college or have a college education. (High school students will be considered on a case-by-case basis). Be proficient enough to tutor middle and high school youth.
3. Be comfortable in a dynamic and active environment with lots of team-work.
4. Be able to commit to and maintain volunteer hours. 4:30-6:00 pm at least once a week.
5. Must pass a background check.