Youth are eligible to join the summer after 5th grade, beginning a 12-year relationship with Seven Tepees Youth Program.
Our Learning Center offers after school and summer programs and services for 6th to 12th grade students, and our alumni, in San Francisco. Youth join the summer after 5th grade to begin a 12-year relationship with Seven Tepees Youth Program.
- Academic Support: Students receive academic tutoring and case management, enrichment classes and individualized assessment and support from staff and dedicated volunteers.
- Mentor Program: In 7th grade, youth are matched with an adult mentor. Mentors provide youth with a variety of experiences to increase self-esteem and their view of the world.
- Outdoor Education: Overnight trips are offered throughout the year and focus on team building, personal growth and environmental stewardship.
- Summer Program: The 6-week program engages middle school youth in academics, community service and city exploration. High school students participate in science classes, leadership opportunities and internships.
- Counseling: A trained onsite therapist provides support to youth and families through groups, one-on-one crisis intervention and referrals to external services.
- College and Career Program: Seven Tepees provides students with guidance and workshops as they plan for college and/or careers after high school.
ALL YOUTH PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM FREE OF CHARGE
- Attend after-school program at least 3 days per week, 4-6pm
- Attend summer program 4 days per week, 10am-5pm
- Commit to the program and community through high school graduation and beyond
- Participate in fun weekend and overnight trips
- Willing to meet new people, try new activities and challenge yourself
- Support child in coming to after-school and summer program
- Support child in attending weekend and overnight trips
- Attend community events, such as: Family Picnic, Winter Celebration, parent workshops
2018 application timeline
- February: Visit the Learning Center for more information and an application
- March: Applications due by March 31st
- April: Interviews with parents/guardians and youth
- May: Student and family notified of acceptance to Seven Tepees Learning Center Program
- May: Orientation for accepted parents and students
- June 11: First day of program for students!