Become part of the Seven Tepees family and join our team of dedicated staff.
summer youth program intern
Reporting to College and Career Program Manager, the Summer Intern will work directly with middle school and high school 7 Corps Leaders, supporting on all service learning projects, enrichment/academic classes and development of youth leadership skills. Summer staff is also expected to support with End of Summer Celebration on July 12, Annual Summer Camping Trip July 18-22 and other areas as needed. All gear for camping provided.
- A minimum of two years experience working with youth ages 11-17
- Minimum high school diploma and/or one year of college (preferred)
- Ability to effectively manage student behavior
- Skills in leadership development and experience in leading sports and games
- Able to speak some Spanish (preferred)
marketing and communications intern
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director/Development Director, the Marketing and Communications Intern supports Seven Tepees’ marketing and communications campaigns, including social media program, supporting content development and community management. The intern will also prepare content (written, photo and video) for use across Seven Tepees’ communication channels, including social media, website, email, print and others.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and a strong eye for visual storytelling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; knowledge of PowerPoint
- Experience with social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with web and social media tools (such as HootSuite) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools a plus
- Experience with digital cameras, photography, and editing videos a plus
- Teamwork skills, including ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and, at times, independently
- Degree in progress or completed in communication, journalism, English, photography, and/or film; graduate students preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years-old
summer camping lifeguard
Seven Tepees Youth Program is currently looking for two certified lifeguards for our youth camping trip to Lake Shasta, that takes place between July 18 and July 22, 2017.
Duties will be performed at the Lake Shasta campsite and hours can include mornings and afternoons. Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining the safety of all staff, Middle School and High School youth and for enforcing all procedures and safety regulations related to the swimming site. Duties include recognizing and responding effectively to emergencies, reporting any unsafe conditions to the program director, and performing other swimming-related duties as assigned.
You will be working for about 3 hours once a day. If you live in the Bay Area, you are required to camp with the group for that week. Food and accommodations will be available to you.
If you live around the Redding area, you are not required to camp with the group, but you must be able to arrive one to two hours before you are expected to be on duty.
Age requirement: 18
Must provide (2) references
Lifeguard Training/ Certification
First Aid, AED and CPR Certification
Live Scan background check
If you are interested, please send your résumé to Arlan Murillo, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org